st: RE: Re: Probit, Tobit Diagnostics

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Re: Probit, Tobit Diagnostics
Date   Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:46:48 +0200

Please do not start threads with a reply!

Stata conveniently groups commands in its menus, so Statistics -> Binary
Outcomes has a "Postestimation" submenu at the bottom. For a good reference
for Categorical Data Analysis in Stata, see Long and Freese (2006)

For a comprehensive treatment of all your questions, see part IV of Cameron
and Trivedi (2005), and, I imagine,
their forthcoming book from

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Hari Gurung
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:55 AM
Subject: st: Re: Probit, Tobit Diagnostics

Dear statalisters,
I am a self-taught new Sata user. I would appreciate your
help/suggestions on the following:

1. What diagnostics are generally (multicollinearity and normality?)
run on Tobit and Probit?
2. Do the diagnostics method differ for binomial and multinomial (say
trinomial) probit? A few good article or book references will be
3. Stata command for running diagnositics on Tobit and Probit
variables. I explored for multicollinearity, but wasn't quite able to
figure out.

Thanks in advance,