Re: Stcox ereturn list: wrong chi2 p-value?s

From   Roy Wada <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: Stcox ereturn list: wrong chi2 p-value?s
Date   Sun, 21 Sep 2008 11:08:54 -0700

>that helped a lot. I just thought that these values are already stored
>somewhere, since they are reported when running the analysis.
>However calculating it by myself, then storing it with estadd, works
>just fine. Then it is also easy to use it with outreg2 using the
>addstats() option.

Alternatively, you can use a local macro to store your
calculated p-value, which can be plugged directly into

webuse stan3, clear
stcox age posttran surg yea
local prchi2= 1-chi2(e(df_m),e(chi2))
outreg2 using eraseMe, addstat(prchi2,`prchi2') replace

This is explained in the help file (-help outreg2-) under
"Example 7. Added statistics and notes."

Since this question comes up fairly often, it probably
needs to be made more explicit with better titles
like "How to report missing p-values".