Statalist

st: RE: Matching observations

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Matching observations
Date   Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:22:59 +0200

"... trying to work around the problem...". Which problem are you referring to? Have you tried -ssc d psmatch2- or -ssc d pscore-?

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Linus Dahlander
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:33 AM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: Matching observations

Hi,
I’ve been looking for a way to find observations that share the most characteristics in a data set of mine. It is panel data and what I have is individuals before and after an event and I’d like to find individuals that share a given number of characteristics that did not undergo the same event. I’ve been using nnmatch and trying to work around the problem, but it must be an easier way. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Linus