st: Matching observations

From   Linus Dahlander <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Matching observations
Date   Wed, 17 Sep 2008 16:32:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I’ve been looking for a way to find observations that share the most characteristics in a data set of mine. It is panel data and what I have is individuals before and after an event and I’d like to find individuals that share a given number of characteristics that did not undergo the same event. I’ve been using nnmatch and trying to work around the problem, but it must be an easier way. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Linus