RE: st: bar colours in -graph hbar, over()-

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: bar colours in -graph hbar, over()-
Date   Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:36:44 +0100

This kind of comment is StataCorp signalling that they think that you
should not, or are unlikely to, want to use such an option.

My experience matches Stephen's comment. I think many users often want
different colours for their bars, and me too.

Stephen P. Jenkins

Svend -- many thanks. This is very helpful.

When I read [G] before, I did not understand the discussion of the
"asyvars" option. Rereading, I am a little wiser. However, I also note
that the comment [G]p.46 that "asyvars is seldom specified"! (I am

Svend Juul <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>

Try this:

graph hbar (asis) poverty , over(period) over(htype) asyvars ///
   bar(1, color(blue)) bar(2, color(red))

Stephen Jenkins

I am using the command

	graph hbar (asis) poverty , over(period) over(htype)

where period has 2 categories, and htype has 10 categories. The
command produces a graph exactly in the format I require, except that
I would like the bars for the first period category to be blue, and
the bars for the second period category to be red. How can I do this?