st: VWLS for Trend Analysis

Subject   st: VWLS for Trend Analysis
Date   Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:59:14 -0700

I have rates (=injuries/time) and their accompanying confidence intervals for a 12 month period (ie 12 rates). I do not have the raw data. I only have the point estimates and their accompanying CIs.
Is -vwls- a good approach to see if a trend is statistically significant (the point estimates have already been plotted)? Does -vwls- have any kind of eform option for the coefficients (since I took the log of all the variables)?

* For searches and help try: