RE: st: Trend Test for Rates

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Trend Test for Rates
Date   Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:35:39 +0100

I agree with Clive.

Note also that if you find a trend then that will raise questions about
your confidence intervals. In particular, were you using some procedure
that assumed that months were independent of each other?

Clive Nicholas

Jason M wrote:

> I would like to see if there is any kind of trend over a 12 month
> I have rates (injuries/time) and their accompanying confidence
intervals for
> each of the 12 months (ie 12 rates).
> Would vwls be a good approach to look for a trend? Does vwls have any
> of eform option for the coefficients (since I took the log of all the
> variables)?

Graphing your data ought to be the very first thing you do before
considering more complex exercises.