Re: st: Repeating a program

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Repeating a program
Date   Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:35:35 +0100 (BST)

--- On 9/11/08, Larraine Becker <> wrote:
>>> I want to run a logit program 1000 times, outputting the predicted
>>> y values each time. I'm not sure how to go about this - I was
>>> I was thinking of doing a simulation, but before I submit the logit
>>> command, I also use a random number generator to randomly change
>>> variables in order to compare the predicted values each time.

-simulate- sounds appropriate for this kind of problem. The real trick
is to decide what it is that you want to store after each -logit-
command. I gave a tutorial on how to use -simulate- at Summer North
American stata Users meeting in Chicago, you can download the material
from here: (Also see on how to
view this material)

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis