st: RE: reprogramming survwgt ?

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: reprogramming survwgt ?
Date   Thu, 4 Sep 2008 17:59:52 +0200

It is not that nobody cares about such posts, but a look at the .ado in question does not bode well for a quick resolution. I spent a couple of minutes poring over it and could not figure out where the spot is where you could install some kind of a counter to count the iterations. The problem was compounded by the lack of a good example for the command. If you can come up with one, that might be a promising avenue toward a solution, not reposting the question...

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Hagen von Hermanni
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 5:21 PM
Subject: st: reprogramming survwgt ?

Dear Mr. Cox,

I face the following problem and hope that you can help me out:

I’m a student at the University of Leipzig. At the moment I try to rake a sample to fit the local population. For this I was going to use survwgt.ado by Nicholas Winter.

Unfortunately the program does “just” produce the raking weights, but does not show me how many iterations were needed to converge.

I Asked Prof. Winter to give ma advice on how survwgt could display the iterations, but he merely explained that it would need to make a small change (“one line” as he stated) in the program code.

Since I’m an absolute beginner on stata in general and programming in particular I have no clue how to perform this changes.

I hoped that you might help me, since the adofile state’s that Winters program is based on your mstdize.ado file.

Since I’m running out of luck (and time) I really hope that you can help along.

Many Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Hagen von Hermanni

Browser-Versionen downloaden: