Re: st: Summer North American Stata Users Group meetings

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Summer North American Stata Users Group meetings
Date   Wed, 3 Sep 2008 21:36:58 +0100 (BST)

--- Stas Kolenikov <> wrote:
> Also, you'd probably want to distribute a wholesome .do-file to your
> students, so that they could learn from it and modify for their
> purposes. With 77 files for a single presentation, as Maarten noted,
> it is not user-super-friendly (or should I say super-user-friendly?)

More could be done to make these presentations more user friendly when
distributing it. All I did was add a five line readme.txt file. The
easiest to implement is to use sub-directories. This would make it much
easier to navigate and add supplementary info, like a master .do file
that runs all the analyses in one go. My only defense for not doing so
is that my main aim was to explain -simulate- not to be show case for
smcl presentations.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam