st: Error with outreg2 "Obs. nos. out of range"

From   Roy Wada <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Error with outreg2 "Obs. nos. out of range"
Date   Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:20:25 -0700

>I'm am trying to finalize the output of some results using the outreg2
>command but keeping getting the following error:
>Obs. nos. out of range
>While my actual code is somewhat more complex, I have whittled down the
>code to the point where it seems that it is the "label" option that is causing
>the code to bomb out.

Tim had sent me off list the trace output. This error is "congenital" in
the sense that it was not properly disinherited when it was written.
I had it fixed for coefficient names, but not for labels. Internally it
is doing something similar to transpose, but under rare circumstances
a dataset may be too wide.

The fix should be up in about a week. Anyone who needs it now can
contact me.