Re: st: xtmelogit & weighing

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtmelogit & weighing
Date   Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:39:37 -0500

The basic reasons are that the weights can apply to different levels,
and there is no literature consensus as to what's the best way to go
about that even in simpler linear models -- see
http://www.citeulike.org/user/ctacmo/article/711637 vs
http://www.citeulike.org/user/ctacmo/article/3158754 vs
http://www.citeulike.org/user/ctacmo/article/850244. GLLAMM
(http://www.gllamm.org) can weight at different levels, and it is your
responsibility to provide appropriate weights.