st: xtlogit multilevel modelling question

From   Nisha Kapoor <>
Subject   st: xtlogit multilevel modelling question
Date   Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:48:09 +0100

I am a new user of stata and am trying to use the xtlogit command for multilevel modelling of a binary dependant variable. Is it possible to include level 2 characterisitcs in the model (in my case level 2 is the neighbourhood and it is neighbourhood characteristics I wish to include also), and is there a facility for including interactions between levels 1 and 2?

Any thoughts/ comments on this would be much appreciated.

Nisha Kapoor
PhD Student
Centre for Census and Survey Research

* For searches and help try: