Re: st: Stata randomly drops variables

From   Caleb Southworth <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata randomly drops variables
Date   Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:26:58 -0700 (PDT)

use -sysuse auto- dataset, people will be able to replicate or comment
on what has happened. Perhaps you are typing data into the data editor
and then no accepting the changes? In which case you should see
something like this in your results window:

. edit
- preserve
- replace x = 1 in 1
- restore

In which case you changes to x are restored, i.e. not there.