st: RE: JSM 2008, Denver

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: JSM 2008, Denver
Date   Tue, 26 Aug 2008 16:56:59 +0200

Well, good to hear.

With regard to courses, the NetCourses offered by StataCorp are good value
for money (at least given the recent weakness of the dollar :-) ). From what
I remember of the one I took at the beginning of the year, they should be
digestible for "non-statisticians"...

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Raphael Fraser
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:22 PM
Subject: st: JSM 2008, Denver

Last year a was disappointed in Stata's no show at the world's largest
statistical conference in Salt Lake City. This year I was so excited
to see Stata in Denver. They even had a half-day workshop on survey
data analysis.

Well Done StataCorp!!

What I would like to see more of from Stata is an increase in support
services. For example, offering training courses to non-statisticians
as well as stats method courses (regression, mixed effects models

Kind regards,