Re: st: RE: new reshape command compatibility issue

From   "James Muller" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: new reshape command compatibility issue
Date   Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:26:32 -0400

If the program also uses current features of Stata then version
statements would have to be splattered all over the place. More
involved than globally replacing "reshape" with "reshape_10".

I should note this is a general post, not specific to my own problem.

The issue I'm trying to underline is that the current version of
-reshape- does not handle variables named longer than 20 characters.
This is a severe limitation that will cause many existing programs to
fail. The best solution is to reprogram the current -reshape- program
without this constraint.

Who maintains reshape? Statacorp?

James