RE: st: ice and random-number seed

From   "Medina, Tait Runnfeldt" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: ice and random-number seed
Date   Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:52:18 -0400

Hello Maarten.

Thank you for the reply.

The problem seems to arise when cycling is needed (more than one variable needs imputing). Here is a mocked-up example using the auto data that should reproduce the problem I am having.

Thank you.

*---------------------------begin example----------------------
sysuse auto, clear
recode rep78 1/2=3
recode foreign (0/1=.) if trunk==10
ice rep78 foreign mpg, clear m(5) seed(1234) saving(impauto) replace
mim, storebv: reg mpg rep78 foreign
eststo original
sysuse auto, clear
recode rep78 1/2=3
recode foreign (0/1=.) if trunk==10
ice rep78 foreign mpg, clear m(5) seed(1234) saving(impauto) replace
mim, storebv: reg mpg rep78 foreign
eststo replication
esttab original replication , mtitles(original replication)