st: Turn off scientific notation

From   "Diana Eastman" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Turn off scientific notation
Date   Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:38:14 -0400

Hi all,

I have a variable that needs to be expressed with a high level of
precision. Stata keeps representing the value as 1.871e+09, for example.
I need this number to be formatted as a decimal, preferably with as many
decimal places as possible. I tried using format totppm %12.10f, but
that doesn't do the trick. Is there some way to turn off the use of
scientific notation?

Many thanks in advance.