st: Bootstrapping confidence interval of mean difference

From   Susan Maree Cotton <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Bootstrapping confidence interval of mean difference
Date   Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:48:05 +1000

Hi All,

I have data from a randomized clinical trial with intervention and treatment as usual groups. The outcome data is cost-effectiveness data. Reviewers of a manuscript pertaining to data from this trial have requested that the bootstrapped confidence interval of the mean difference between groups be reported.

I am a new user to STATA and have been having difficulties determining the correct commands to generate these confidence intervals.  I have worked out how to bootstrapping for the confidence intervals of the means for the two groups separately and to bootstrap the t-distribution pertaining to difference between groups but cannot work out the confidence interval for mean difference.  Please help!!

Thanks in advance.

KR

Sue

Dr Sue Cotton