st: RE: finding duplicates in two groups

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: finding duplicates in two groups
Date   Fri, 15 Aug 2008 14:27:34 +0200

Not sure what "for each.." is supposed to mean. If you want agreement in
terms of the values of one of them,

set obs 10000
g a =runiform()<0.7
g b =runiform()<0.7
g dummy=a==b
*see examples
l in 1/100

If you want to turn one variable into two along the lines of group
membership, - separate- might be handy...

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Michael McCulloch
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 5:58 AM
To: Statalist
Subject: st: finding duplicates in two groups

Dear Statalist members,
I have a dataset containing survival data, in which exposure groups
are A and B.

I wish to find records in group A that share the same values in group
B, for each of several fields:
	date of diagnosis
	date of death

I have studied the commands dups and duplicates but don't see how
they can handle finding values from two different groups sharing the
same values. I'd appreciate any suggestions or pointers.

Best wishes,
Michael McCulloch

Pine Street Foundation
124 Pine St., San Anselmo, CA 94960-2674
Tel:	(415) 407-1357
Fax:	(415) 485-1065