st: finding duplicates in two groups

From   Michael McCulloch <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: finding duplicates in two groups
Date   Thu, 14 Aug 2008 20:58:21 -0700

Dear Statalist members,
I have a dataset containing survival data, in which exposure groups
are A and B.

I wish to find records in group A that share the same values in group
B, for each of several fields:
	date of diagnosis
	date of death

I have studied the commands dups and duplicates but don't see how
they can handle finding values from two different groups sharing the
same values. I'd appreciate any suggestions or pointers.

Best wishes,
Michael McCulloch

Pine Street Foundation
124 Pine St., San Anselmo, CA 94960-2674
Tel:	(415) 407-1357
Fax:	(415) 485-1065