st: autocorrelation in Poisson regression, follow-up

From   Antonio Silva <>
To   <>
Subject   st: autocorrelation in Poisson regression, follow-up
Date   Tue, 5 Aug 2008 11:14:12 -0400

Stas (and others):

Thanks for responding to my question. To be honest, I am not sure how to define autocorrelation in this context. I sent out an article for review. The dependent variable is a yearly count variable--number of groups founded. The range is 0-5. I used a simply Poisson regression model with several independent variables. One of the reviewers said the analysis was flawed because I "did not test for autocorrelation on the dependent variable." Unfortunately, the reviewer did not give me any clue as to how to proceed. So I am kind of at a loss here. Essentially, I think the reviewer wanted to make sure the yearly counts were not related to each other in any meaningful way.

Any further thoughts are appreciated, and I wish I could tell you more about what I need.

A. Silva

Get more from your digital life.  Find out how.