RE: st: RE: st: RE: st: correction of some data by age group andfor years:

From   carmen gamarra <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: st: RE: st: correction of some data by age group andfor years:
Date   Mon, 4 Aug 2008 20:51:26 +0000

I am with your example that will create a multiply imputed dataset, I will read it calmly and attention to see if it play with my data, seems well dificl but what I will try.

Thank you very much for your time and dedication.

> Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 20:55:23 +0100
> From: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: st: RE: st: RE: st: correction of some data by age group and for years:
> To: [email protected]
>
> --- carmen gamarra  wrote:
>> Now I wonder: could you help me in relation to commands in STATA to
>> make a sensible multiple imputation models? I did the corrections
>> using excel, but I'd like to use the STATA? I actually I just like to
>> know the commands that I use in STATA.
>
> Below is an example that will create a multiply imputed dataset that
> can be used by -mim-, see -findit mim-. I use -bsample- to make sure
> that the proportions I use are sampled from the sampling distribution
> of the proportions, in order to create what Rubin termed `proper'
> imputations. The use of -uniform()- is discussed in M.L. Buis (2007),
> "Stata tip 48: Discrete uses for uniform()", The Stata Journal, 7(3),
> pp. 434-435. http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/wp/discrete.html
>
> Notice that -ice- is easier to use, and more general, so I would use
> -ice- instead of trying to adapt this code to your problem.
>
> -- Maarten
>
> *------------------ begin example --------------------
> tempfile imp base
> sysuse nlsw88, clear
> replace married = 2 if uniform() < .25
> label define marlbl 2 "unknown", add
> label value married marlbl
> gen long _mi = _n
> gen byte _mj = 0
> save `imp'
> save `base'
>
> forvalues i = 1/5 {
> use `base', clear
> bsample
> drop if married == 2
> gen pr1 = married == 1
> collapse (mean) pr1, by(age)
> sort age
> tempfile pr
> save `pr'
>
> use `base', clear
> sort age
> merge age using `pr'
> replace married = uniform() < pr1 if married == 2
> replace _mj = `i'
> drop pr1 _merge
> append using `imp'
> save `imp', replace
> }
> use `imp', clear
> sort _mj _mi
> *------------------------ end example ---------------------
> (For more on how to use examples I sent to the Statalist, see
> http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/stata/exampleFAQ.html )

> Maarten L. Buis
> Department of Social Research Methodology
> Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
> Boelelaan 1081
> 1081 HV Amsterdam
> The Netherlands
>
> visiting address:
> Buitenveldertselaan 3 (Metropolitan), room Z434
>
> +31 20 5986715
>
> http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/

> Not happy with your email address?.
> [...]

Got Game? Win Prizes in the Windows Live Hotmail Mobile Summer Games Trivia Contest
http://www.gowindowslive.com/summergames?ocid=TXT_TAGHM