st: RE: st: RE: st: correction of some data by age group and foryears:

From   carmen gamarra <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: st: RE: st: correction of some data by age group and foryears:
Date   Mon, 4 Aug 2008 18:55:52 +0000

Dear  Maarten

Ok, you are absolutely right! I fully understand your position and thank you very much for the comments and recommendations, I will read the literature recommended, even some of them and I studied in my classes in college.

Now I wonder: could you help me in relation to commands in STATA to make a sensible multiple imputation models? I did the corrections using excel, but I'd like to use the STATA? I actually I just like to know the commands that I use in STATA.

Thank you very much

> Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 19:24:25 +0100
> Subject: Re: st: RE: st: correction of some data by age group and for years:
> To:
> --- carmen gamarra  wrote:
>> My problem is not missing data specifically. Within countries poorly
>> many deaths from cancer of the uterine cervix and uterine corpus are
>> inadequately coded as “uterine cancer not otherwise specified”
>> Please note: We know that cases coded as "unspecified" belong to
>> uterine cancer, and we need redistribute proportionately all these
>> cases by allocating the deaths to either uterine cervix or uterine
>> corpus cancer according to the age-specific proportions specified as
>> uterine cervix and uterine corpus cancer in each year of study
>> according to recommendations Pan American Health Organization (PAHO).
>> The PAHO recommendations are that all cases of cancer of the uterus
>> unspecified be redistributed and I need to know which would command
>> in STATA order to perform these distributions.
>> Age group: 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 and over
>> Three type of uterine cancer ("unspecified" uterine cancer, and
>> uterine cervix and uterine corpus cancer)
>> 3 years of study (2004, 2005 and 2006).
> This is still a missing data problem: you want to use information that
> is not recorded. Information that is not recorded is missing. The fact
> that the observations weren't given a missing value, does not mean that
> this is not a missing data problem.
> What the PAHO is proposing could be turned into a sensible multiple
> imputation model, but this is very tricky business and you should not
> attempt to do that until you have carefully studied the references I
> have given you.
> -- Maarten
> Maarten L. Buis
> Department of Social Research Methodology
> Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
> Boelelaan 1081
> 1081 HV Amsterdam
> The Netherlands
> visiting address:
> Buitenveldertselaan 3 (Metropolitan), room Z434
> +31 20 5986715
> Not happy with your email address?.
> Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo!
> *
> * For searches and help try:
> *
> *
> *

Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like never before.