st: Calculation of Malahanovis distance matrix

From   Angel Pita-Duque <>
Subject   st: Calculation of Malahanovis distance matrix
Date   Fri, 01 Aug 2008 15:41:50 -0700

I want to calculate the Malahanobis distance matrix for a data set that consists of 13 variables related to attributes of 156 maize varieties. For each variable I have 15 observations (replications). I do need calculate the distance matrix and its average for each maize variety bu I have not been able to do that using Stata.
I am using Stata 10 IC for Windows that apparently does not include the Malanobis distance procedure.
I appreciate your consideration and help.
Best regards,

Angel Pita-Duque
PhD Candidate
Geography Graduate Group