st: RE: Calculation of Malahanovis distance matrix

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Calculation of Malahanovis distance matrix
Date   Mon, 4 Aug 2008 12:43:25 +0100

Malahanovis, Malahanobis, Malanobis are all misspellings.

. search Mahalanobis

will tell you what there is.

Angel Pita-Duque

I want to calculate the Malahanobis distance matrix for a data set that
consists of 13 variables related to attributes of 156 maize varieties.
For each variable I have 15 observations (replications). I do need
calculate the distance matrix and its average for each maize variety bu
I have not been able to do that using Stata.
I am using Stata 10 IC for Windows that apparently does not include the
Malanobis distance procedure.