RE: st: Help on data analysis strategy

From   Sven-Oliver Spie� <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Help on data analysis strategy
Date   Tue, 29 Jul 2008 21:06:12 +0200

Before performing inferential analyses I find it often helpful to plot the
data, e.g. means of the two groups over time for each of the four outcomes.

Also since outcomes are measured on a 6 point scale you could consider
treating them as interval data. That would most likely be easier for
computation and interpretation. If in doubt do both and see if you would
come to different conclusions. If the conclusions are equal you can use the
simpler model(s) and just add a footnote that substantially the results are
the same even if "proper" model(s) are used.--Of course that depends on your
audience.

Best,
Sven-Oliver