Re: st: Help on data analysis strategy

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Help on data analysis strategy
Date   Tue, 29 Jul 2008 14:03:16 -0500

.

:Ppp <rasberry>.

To get to a simpler model, you could remove the repeated measures aspect of the experiment to go from a mixed model to a fixed effects model. So take a summary statistic of day1 to day7 that best captures the intent of the experiment. Something like the median score or the highest score over the seven day period. Then use ordered logit (ologit in Stata) for each question's endpoint. Be sure to include day0 as a covariate. I prefer this to cutting the ordinal data to binary data or dealing with multiple tests over days (you are not looking for which day shows most improvement etc.). If you have to have multiple tests, I'd probably deal with the 4 questions as a source of multiple tests. (If you have access to a statistician, and the 4 questions index the same construct, a statistician might be able to use GLLAMM or Mplus to use all your data and the 4 questions in one latent variable ordinal mixed model.) A possibility not requiring a statistician, may be to derive a summary statistic for each person as above, and then use a multivariate kruskal-wallis test (see umbrella via ssc). Probably also somersd (via ssc) could be employed here...

-Dave