RE: st: RE: cragg-donal test for weak instruments with heteroskedasticity

From   sara borelli <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: RE: cragg-donal test for weak instruments with heteroskedasticity
Date   Sat, 26 Jul 2008 08:14:07 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Professor Schaffer,
sorry to keep you asking...
I tried what you suggested:
which ivreg2, all
stata says: command ivreg2 not found as either build-in or ado-file

then I typed:
ssc install ivreg2, replace
but  I get
file c:\ado\plus\next.trk already exists
Thus I am not able no install directly the commands into stata 10.

I tried also to download the latest version of ivreg2 (version 2.2.09) and ranktest into Stata8 (these are not suopported in version8 so stata 8 is not able to run that version), but after the download I manually copied the new ado files into the ado files folder of stata 10. If I then type 'which ivreg2, all' in Stata10, Stata10 reports to have version 2.2.09 of ivreg2. But when I use it, Stata10 does not report the Cragg-Donald Statistics nor the K-P, while the help says that ivreg2 should report them automatically. I do not know if importing directly the ado files is correct, but since Stata10 recognizes in some way the new version of ivreg2, I do not understannd why it does not report C-D or K-P statistics after typing ivreg2...., ffirst  or  ivreg2...., ffirst robust

thank you for any help
Sara