Re: st: ANOVA versus ANCOVA

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ANOVA versus ANCOVA
Date   Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:22:14 -0400

John,
   The answer is yes, you can obtain the same ANCOVA results in SPSS and Stata.
For example, in Stata, on the command line, type:

sysuse systolic
anova systolic drug disease age disease*age, continuous(age) partial

When you run the SPSS command suppress the intercept and build the same model as a univariate GLM
and you will get the same results.

  Cheers,

  Bob Yaffee

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.