Re: st:"sum" showing varible labels

From   Svend Juul <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st:"sum" showing varible labels
Date   Thu, 24 Jul 2008 23:13:13 +0200

Man Jia wrote:
Could anyone give me some suggestion of how to show variable labels in
summarize command output ? Now STATA shows variables names in the
output of "sum" command.  I was wondering if it's possible to show
variable labels instead of variable name or together with variable
Now stata shows:
    Variable |       Obs        Mean    Std. Dev.       Min        Max
What I want is:
  Variable     |       Obs        Mean    Std. Dev.       Min        Max
total working
or it's also fine to show both variable names and labels.
You got a couple of unofficial solutions to your very sensible
wish. An official solution is:
   . codebook , compact            // all variables
   . codebook exp , compact
Hope this helps
Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6