Re: st: Type of data (time-series and panel-data)

From   "Beatrice Crozza" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Type of data (time-series and panel-data)
Date   Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:48:56 +0200

Dear Thomas,

thank for your reply.

I'll try to explain better my problem.
First of all yes, I have high-frequency data.

My problem is that I do not have one observation for panel data,
because some are repeated, i.e. I have, for example, the variable bid
(which represent the bid proposed price) for 23-Apr-2008,but I have
three times the time 16:30:00 because there were three proposals at
the same time and so on.

So i have two problems:
1)How to transform my data so to that the three observations about the
bid price on 23-Apr-2008 become three unique observations.

2)If it is not possible to transform my series in a time-series how
can I transform my data in order to have the variable data in a
chronological order? Because I have to divide my securities in on and
off-the-run.

Hope that someone could help me

Thank you very much.

Best regards,