st: xtserial help

From   "Greene, Kenneth F" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: xtserial help
Date   Sat, 19 Jul 2008 20:18:25 -0500

When I run xtserial I get the error "no observations."  I have an unbalanced panel with no missing values and my model uses the full dataset (i.e., no "if" statement that excludes cases).  The data are country-election-year and thus the time observations are unequally spaced across the panels and in some cases even within panels.  My intuition is that the problem may lie with tsset.  I used "tsset year, generic" because I'm not sure how to specify the type of data I have.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.