st: adding a variable to a macro

From   "B. Timothy Walsh" <>
Subject   st: adding a variable to a macro
Date   Fri, 18 Jul 2008 21:19:30 -0400

I am very new to Stata, but, having searched FAQ and Statalist, have not been able to find a solution...

I would like to add another variable to a local macro containing variables. So, if myvars contains varone vartwo varthree:
local myvars varone vartwo varthree

How do I add newvar?
I would have thought something like the following would work:
local myvars `myvars' newwar

But, it does not.
I'd appreciate any suggestions or guidance.
Tim Walsh

* For searches and help try: