Re: st: -impute- variable creates only type 'float'

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: -impute- variable creates only type 'float'
Date   Mon, 14 Jul 2008 23:41:44 +0100 (BST)

--- Hewan Belay <> wrote:
> It appears that the command to estimate missing values, -impute-,
> always generates the new predicted value as a 'float' type. -impute-
> doesn't seem to have an option for setting the type. Even when I set
> the type to double permanently, -impute- still creates 'float'
> variables. It's a problem because I want to do some comparisons
> between the original variable and the imputed variable, and I found
> that differences are not only due to the missing values, but also
> because, as type float, the newly estimated variable has different
> values for large numbers due to 'float's imprecision.

The answer is that you shouldn't use -impute- at all. This is discussed
Use -ice- instead.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam