Re: st: Some questions about editors and directory management

From   Alan Riley <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Some questions about editors and directory management
Date   Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:19:55 -0500

Michael ([email protected]) asked if it is possible to
run Stata for Windows in batch mode without the dialog box
at the end that informs the user that the job is done:

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 07:12:23AM -0700, [email protected] wrote:
> ... I only wish that Stata under Windows
> were more batch-friendly. (Anybody know how to get Stata to terminate
> without putting up a "OK, I'm done" dialog?)

Michael is using the "/b" command line switch in Stata for Windows
to invoke batch mode.  If Michael uses "/e" instead, Stata will exit
after running the batch job and the dialog will not be displayed.

For more information, see section [GSW] C.6 Stata batch mode in
the Getting Started with Stata for Windows manual.  We have also
recently updated a FAQ on the Stata web site with details about
running Stata for Windows in batch mode, including tips for setting
the starting directory and automating batch jobs using the Windows
Task Scheduler:

   http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/win/batch.html

--Alan Riley
([email protected])