Statalist

Re: st: do group identifiers identify the same groups?

From   Svend Juul <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: do group identifiers identify the same groups?
Date   Wed, 9 Jul 2008 19:20:07 +0200

Jeph wrote:

Svend's idea will not work at all, as my two identifiers
are not meant to take the same values. That is, g1 will
likely never equal g2.

CÚlio's suggestion does get at what I want, especially as
it found no errors. However, I'm curious if there is a way
that would also let me identify which records or values
produced the errors;  -assert- is uninformative in that
respect.

I see. A combination of CÚlio's and my ideas comes here:

   bysort g1: generate same1 = (g2[_n]==g2[1])
   bysort g2: generate same2 = (g1[_n]==g1[1])
   tab1 same1 same2
   list if same1==0 | same2==0

Good luck
Svend