st: RE: Re: Augmented Dickey-Fuller or and Phillips-Perron

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: Augmented Dickey-Fuller or and Phillips-Perron
Date   Fri, 4 Jul 2008 14:20:01 +0100

With 28 data points only, i.e. 7 years, is any P-value worth much here?
On the other hand, plotting the data against time and against quarter
and thinking about the process will likely yield much more insight about
whether stationarity is plausible.

Kit Baum

Neither. Use -dfgls-, which has considerably greater power than the
'first-generation' tests such as ADF and PP.