Re: st: Re: xtpmg installation

From   "Grant Peter Kabango" <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: xtpmg installation
Date   Fri, 04 Jul 2008 14:01:08 +0100

Thanks once again Kit, you have been very helpful!

-----Original Message-----
From: Kit Baum <>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 06:56:06 -0400
Subject: st: Re: xtpmg installation

< >
It is, nevertheless, useful to get your Proxy Settings correctly
established for on-campus use, as otherwise simple commands like
'webuse foo' will not work either. Furthermore you will be unable to
readily establish whether you have the latest version of user-written
routines using -adoupdate-, and waiting until you can do this off-
campus may waste time. Under Preferences->Internet, click 'connect
through a proxy server' and enter the appropriate URL and port number
given by your IT staff.

Best wishes