st: Re: xtpmg installation

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: xtpmg installation
Date   Fri, 4 Jul 2008 06:56:06 -0400

< >
It is, nevertheless, useful to get your Proxy Settings correctly established for on-campus use, as otherwise simple commands like
'webuse foo' will not work either. Furthermore you will be unable to readily establish whether you have the latest version of user-written routines using -adoupdate-, and waiting until you can do this off- campus may waste time. Under Preferences->Internet, click 'connect through a proxy server' and enter the appropriate URL and port number given by your IT staff.

Best wishes