st: montecarlo simulations with actual distributions

From   emanuele canegrati <>
To   <>
Subject   st: montecarlo simulations with actual distributions
Date   Wed, 2 Jul 2008 12:30:22 +0200

Dear Users,

I have to perform some montecarlo simulations of market returns with STATA. I would like to generate these returns from the original time series under the condition they reflect the actual PDF and so I think I need to calculate the mean and the standard deviations of returns. Which is the programme I have to write? I have to perform any non-parametric analysis before in order to calculate the actual distribution of my returns?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Emanuele Canegrati

News, entertainment and everything you care about at Get it now!