Re: st: RE: Problem with METAN (forest plot)...

From   "Austin Nichols" <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Problem with METAN (forest plot)...
Date   Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:38:15 -0400

You can just make your own graph using the variables created by -metan-:

    By default, metan adds the following new variables to the dataset:

        _ES        Effect size (ES)
        _seES      Standard error of ES
        _selogES   Standard error of log ES
        _LCI       Lower confidence limit for ES
        _UCI       Upper confidence limit for ES
        _WT        Study percentage weight
        _SS        Study sample size

and use the -xscale(log)- option and any others you like in the graph command.

use, clear
replace tmean=tm+10
metan tsample tmean tsd csample cmean csd, by(type_study)
gsort type_study -id
g nid=_n
loc o "leg(off) yti(" ") yli(10.5) barw(.01) horiz color(gray white) yla("
forv i=1/20 {
loc o `"`o' , angle(0))"'
tw spike _UCI _LCI nid, `o' || sc nid _ES, name(notlog)
tw spike _UCI _LCI nid, xsc(log) `o' || sc nid _ES, xsc(log)