Re: st: Line breaks in outsheet

From   Daniel Stegmueller <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Line breaks in outsheet
Date   Thu, 19 Jun 2008 13:15:14 +0200

Austin and Nick:
thank you both very much!

-filefilter- does the trick and allows me to stay within one program
as much as possible (which I prefer to external utilities, since it
increases replicability of results...)

Daniel

> Daniel Stegmueller <[email protected]>:
> There are a number of solutions involving -file- or -filefilter- but
> most file transfer (FTP) utilities will automatically convert one .txt
> format to the other for you...
>
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Daniel Stegmueller
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I normally run Stata in a non-Windows environment but I will have to
>> run a number of finite mixture models using Windows based software.
>> Exporting data using -outsheet- inserts Unix style line breaks (LF)
>> whereas Windows usually expects its own standard (CR+LF). Does anyone
>> know of a way to insert those kinds of breaks directly?
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Daniel

Daniel Stegmueller
Department of Social Sciences