Re: st: treatreg2

From   Partha Deb <>
Subject   Re: st: treatreg2
Date   Fri, 13 Jun 2008 22:08:04 -0400

Astrid and all,

-treatreg2- is a package I've been working on, but, in part because I haven't had the time to write things up, not made completely public. It is available for installation, however, via

-treatreg2- models binary treatmen with a number of possibilities for the distribution of outcomes (currently negbin-1 and 2, and gamma, with more coming soon). The treatment and outcome equations are "tied" via a latent factor which can be either symmetric (normal) or skewed (chi square or a reflected chi square - for negative skewness). The model is estimated by MSL.

Astrid Kiil wrote:

Does anybody know where to find a more detailed description (than is available in the help-file) of what the treatreg2 code does?

Like what is the theoretical foundation of the estimation, and does it estimate the equations simultaneously or stepwise?

Thanks in advance.

Discover the new Windows Vista
*   For searches and help try:
Partha Deb
Department of Economics
Hunter College
ph:  (212) 772-5435
fax: (212) 772-5398

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds.
	- Bob Marley