st: RE: RE: Variables in logistic regression

From   "Shehzad Ali" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Variables in logistic regression
Date   Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:06:48 +0100

Following on from this, I was wondering how you would interpret the
coefficient on age-squared in Logistic regression. Also does including
age-squared mean that the interpretation of crude age variable is no more
relevant (or have I misunderstood Issac's point here)?

Cheers,

Shehzad

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Vargas Naranjo
Isaac Alonso
Sent: 11 June 2008 14:31
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: Variables in logistic regression

I think you will not have problem to but a transformation in a MLR, but the
implications could be in the interpretation.  You couldn't talk about the
age, you have to talk about the age*age in all the estimation or odds.

Isaac A. Vargas Naranjo.
Gesti�n Financiera - Divisi�n Clientes