st: Variables in logistic regression

From   "Alex Asiimwe" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Variables in logistic regression
Date   Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:00:46 +0100

Dear STATA users,
Assuming I have age and gender, then I transform age to age*age to
normalise it. From here, I want logistic regression model to predit an
outcome- lets say mortality. Will I be wrong to use age, age*age and
gender all at the same time in the model? If so, what are the
e.g logistic outcome age age*age gender; In otherwords is acceptable to
use a variable and its transform in MLR (step wise)?
Can soemone help please