Re: st: seqlogit

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: seqlogit
Date   Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:14:39 +0100 (BST)

--- Stella Capuano <[email protected]> wrote:
> I need to install the seqlogit package not from the internet. How can
> I do? The module I can download from
> http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s456843.html do not contain any
> stata.toc files so I cannot install it by using net install (this is
> what stata tells me when I try by net install) , as I have already
> done with other packages (e.g estout).

The easiest way to install packages from SSC is to type -ssc install
seqlogit-. If you can't do that, because you don't have access to
internet on that computer, then you can still install these packages by
following the following steps:
1) download those files on a different computer with internet excess.
2) On your `Stata-computer' type within Stata -adopath-.
3) Note the path labeled "(PERSONAL)".
4) Within this directory store the files you have downloaded in the
subdirectory with the letter equal to the first letter of that file.
You can make that sub-directory if it does not exist.

As I said, typing -ssc install seqlogit- is much easier and much less
likely to go wrong, so if there is any way in which you can avoid using
the above method than you should do so.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis