st: 2 questions

From   Tunga Kantarci <>
Subject   st: 2 questions
Date   Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:56:32 +0200

I would like to ask two independent questions:

1. The second of the following two commands return an error message.
But for some other _n it works fine.
What may be the problem?

count if fillq439[_n] == 3850
count if fillq439[_n] == 7000*0.55

2. On the command window, what is the syntax to indicate Stata not to
consider a command line?

For instance, there should be something like if I write the command between
backslashes, stat does skip that line without producing any output?

(like in between /* sum variablename /*)