Re: st: Importing beta coefficients from other softwares

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Importing beta coefficients from other softwares
Date   Wed, 28 May 2008 11:34:29 +0100 (BST)

--- Yaseen Ghulam <> wrote:
> I have estimated the model in limdep and want to bring beta
> coefficients and standard error into stata so that I can perform
> subsequent analysis e.g. predictions and hypothesis testing in stata
> where I am more comfortable. I want to know how to bring and set up
> betas' in a way where I can do all the tasks (post estimation) which
> one can do if the model was estimated in stata.

Post-estimation commands depend not only on betas and a variance
covariance matrix but also on information about the model that
post-estimation commands like -predict-, -mfx-, -adjust- need in order
to work in the way you expect it to work. So I don't think there is an
easy way to do what you want.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam