st: Graphs With Log Scale: A Bug?

From   "Vladimir V. Dashkeyev" <>
Subject   st: Graphs With Log Scale: A Bug?
Date   Wed, 28 May 2008 13:31:18 +0400

Dear Statalist Users,

I drew a two-way plot with a linear prediction line -lfitci- of X on
natural logarithm of Y.
Next, I drew the plot of X on Y with log scale option -yscale(log)-.

To my surprise regression line changed its slope. The slope is greater
with the -yscale(log)- option. I used the same X axis and the second
Y-axis for the linear prediction graph .
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Vladimir Dashkeyev